Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 30, 2012

PREMIUM RUSH MOVIE REVIEW


It's hard to rate or review this movie with a year of Avengers and Dark Knight. The villain is man's corruption and greed in the form of a cop. With New York City as the backdrop, a bike merchant (Levy) is commissioned on ride of a lifetime as he has to deliver a very important and dangerous package.

     This film definitely showcases the danger of being a bike merchant. However, that's about all the action that this movie has to offer. I used to say that I hated bad acting. Now I realize that it's not the actors fault - it's the writers. This screenplay seems to be another excuse to make a movie that doesn't really have much social relativism other than a mother's love.

     During a bike chase through central park, Levy is riding his bike high speed through smoke. A lady sitting next to me said, "That's so 80's!". I actually got a bigger laugh out of that than most of the movie. She really wasn't too fond of Dania Ramirez's acting ability, but again, it's not the actor's fault.

     The entertainment factor was about 6/10.

Would I pay to see this in theaters? No.
Would I Redbox this film? Outlook not so great.

Sorry kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment