Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 8, 2012

HAIR DID

Last May, I lost my job at Bank of America.

That's when life got a 'little crazy'.

I've been growing my hair out ever since then.

Here I am 10 months later and needless to say... my hair is longer than it's ever been in my adult life.

The process of growing DREADLOCKS has definitely allowed me to exercise patience.

Since I have a finer texture to my hair than most African-Americans it will take my hair longer time to actually LOCK/tangle.

Asians, latinos, or caucasians (not of African descent) can get their hair locked quicker with a palm roll technique.

The hair will actually become tangled and lock instantly.

Whereas African hair takes a longer process.

I don't have the luxury of washing my hair everyday or even jumping into a pool like I used to because it will ruin the locking process.

I do, however, go to a stylist to get my hair washed and retwisted about every 3 weeks.

The kicker for me is that my hair and nails grow EXTREMELY FAST!

My brother is a barber, so I would see him QUITE often when I was not growing my hair.

However now, I haven't received a haircut from my brother in nearly a year.

The only area of my hair that I cut is my facial hair and sideburns.

Everything else just grows freely.
_______________________

Recently, I went to go see my stylist.

She's a lady from the Bardados named Thea.

She's super legit!

Here's some pictures from my last appointment.

BEFORE
 AFTER THE WASH & RETWIST

 BRAIN DRAIN
good ol' science
 THAT'S MS. THEA.
SHE'S AWESOME.... AND LOVES RIHANNA.

 VOILA!





No comments:

Post a Comment