Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 12, 2012

INDOCHINE restaurant review




Reggie Taylor

INDOCHINE



In my insatiable quest for the best plate in town, my wanderings led me to INDOCHINE. Located in the heart of downtown Jacksonville on Adams street, this cozy 2nd floor restaurant boasts traditional and modern Thai artwork with a HEAVY emphasis on wood throughout the restaurant. There's a real feeling that you're in a tropical bungalow elsewhere in the world.


The menu ranges from pad Thai to fried rice with your choice of meat (or veggies) and desired heat. Indochine definitely keeps an oriental theme through and through. The only thing Americanized or Westernized are the choice of beverages.

 Even water was served in a canteen-like bottle with a skinny and stout glass.
The kitchen was rocking out dishes left and right.
Needless to say, the senses are stimulated sitting in such proximity to all this delicious looking Thai food.

My dinner for the night was the Tofu Pad Thai with medium heat. The dish definitely brings along with it umami, sweet, salty, and sour tastes - thankfully no bitterness.
Overall, my experience at Indochine was a good one.
I would have liked to see more Thai servers instead of all-American, but that's just me.
Would I dine there again? Quite possibly

As they say in Thai "กินเกลี้ยง"
or
"EAT UP!"



No comments:

Post a Comment